Erwin J. Saxl (1904 - 1981) - Measurements with a torsion pendulum
The original graph of the data used in the
Articles by Saxl:
Torsion pendulum measurements
- M. Allen and E.J. Saxl, Elastic Torsion in Wires Under Tension,
J. Appl. Phys. 40 (1969) 2505.
- E.J. Saxl and M. Allen, The Period of Damped Simple Harmonic Motion,
Am. J. Phys. 40 (1972) 942.
- E.J. Saxl, An Electrically charged Torque Pendulum, Nature 203 (1964) 136.
- E.J. Saxl and M. Allen, Period of a Torsion Pendulum as affected by adding Weights,
J. Appl. Phys. 40 (1969) 2499;
Bull. Am. Phys. Soc. 14 (1969) 249.
E.J. Saxl and M. Allen, 1970 Solar Eclipse as "Seen" by a Torsion Pendulum,
Phys. Rev. D 3 (1971) 823.
- E.J. Saxl and M. Allen, Electronic recording of length changes of a wire during
dynamic torsion, J. of Eng. Materials and Technol., Transactions ASME, Ser. H 97 (1975) 92.
- E.J. Saxl, Significance of a patent, Am. Lab. 10 (1978) 31.
- The measurement and recording of tensions of film and tape, Photograph. Sci. Eng. 8 (1964) 119.